Fospasim is a homeopathic medicine manufactured by Helvet in the form of drops and an injection. Instructions for use of the drug Fospasim for cats will help you figure out how to use a product developed to treat pet behavioral disorders.
Description and composition
Fospasim is a transparent liquid consisting of active and additional components.
Active substances that are part of Fospashima in the form of tinctures:
- kobluchkovy wrestler (microscopic dosages of plant extracts are effective in the treatment of anxiety and neurasthenia);
- passion flower, which is also called passiflora (based on it, the drug "Novo-Passit" is produced, which has a powerful sedative effect);
- black bleached (contains two antagonist alkaloids - scopolamine and hyoscyamine, as well as atropine, which removes spastic contractions of smooth muscles).
Scopolamine reduces the excitability of the central nervous system, and hyoscyamine - on the contrary, acts excitingly. As a result, "swings" are formed and the functioning of the nervous system is balanced.
In addition, the composition of the drug includes:
- musk of musk deer (stabilizes the central nervous system, has a calming effect);
- platinum (helps restore damaged nerve cells).
- sodium chloride;
- hydrochloric acid;
- methyl parahydroxybenzoate;
- glycerin (if the drug is in the form of droplets);
- acetate three sodium hydrate;
- water for injection (or purified water, if the product is in the form of droplets).
The advantages of Fospasim for a cat are harmlessness and ease of use. During the tests, even a 100-fold increase in dosage did not harm the animals. Therefore, you can buy a drug without having a prescription for it. The tool is convenient to use, as it is available in various forms, has no age restrictions when taken, but the dose should be selected in accordance with the age of the animal.
Among the shortcomings in the description of the drug is the ineffectiveness of use in insensitive cats and cats. To achieve the desired result, a long administration of Fospashima will be required. Another disadvantage is the short shelf life of the drug in open form, which is inconvenient for the owners of one or two cats. It is recommended to store uncured solution or drops no longer than 14 days.
Phospasim can be given to a cat during pregnancy and feeding offspring, the drug is safe for newborn kittens and adult cats. The product is produced on a plant basis, therefore it is suitable for animals suffering from ailments of the liver, heart and vascular system, stomach, intestines.
The behavior of the animal, in which the use of Fospashima is recommended:
- the cat’s nervousness when she is left alone or in a new environment;
- the pet is very scared, even if there are no special reasons for this;
- the cat is very active;
- the animal behaves too intrusively;
- substitution activity (a cat does the same thing for a long time, for example, rowing in one place, raking something in a tray).
Fospasim can also be used as a means of stress prevention.:
- When changing your place of residence or trip.
- Before the exhibition.
- Seven days before the holidays, accompanied by shooting and salutes.
- Before the appearance of a new pet in the house.
- When a new person appears in the family (for example, a baby).
- 3-4 days before visiting a veterinarian or groomer.
- Before estrus, if the cat has not been sterilized.
- In February and March, if the cat was not neutered.
Fospasim drops for cats can be used without a doctor's prescription. To enhance the effect of sedatives and drugs, an injection form of the drug is used.
Side effects and contraindications
Contraindication to the use of Fospashima is intolerance by a cat of any of the components of the drug. Side effects, as well as complications in pets after a course of therapy with the drug in compliance with the recommended doses, were not found. There is a small likelihood of allergies.
The dose of Fospashima in the form of injections is selected for cats, taking into account their body weight, as a rule, doctors prescribe 0.1 ml per kilogram of live weight.
With pronounced signs of a disorder of the psychoemotional state, when the cat:
- begins to hide all the time;
- ceases to eat;
- runs nonstop;
- panics, tears from his hands.
Phospasim injections should be given once or twice a day. With severe pathological symptoms, the administration of a doubled dose is allowed, but it should not exceed 8 ml within 24 hours. Injections should be given until the symptoms of stress disappear.
If the cat has increased irritability, a tendency to hysteria and cowardice is chronic, or when it is not possible to give the drug in the form of droplets, she can be given injections from one to three times in seven days. Fospasim is allowed to be used no longer than thirty days. The course of treatment can be repeated only after 10 days.
With the help of Fospashima, the dosage of narcotic drugs used as anesthesia is reduced. A single injection of 2 ml of Fospasim together with anesthesia reduces the likelihood of side effects of drugs.
Before moving, traveling or going to the groom, drug administration should begin three days before the planned event:
- For a cat with a body weight of 10 kg on the first day, the optimal dose is 0.5 ml of the drug.
- On the second day - 0.8 ml.
- in the third - 1 ml.
- 2 hours before the start of the event (moving, traveling, going to the groom), another 1.5 ml of the medicine is administered.
- To ease the way out of a stressful situation, the next day after the procedure, another 1.5 ml of the drug is necessary.
- The next day, the dose of injection should be reduced to 0.5 milliliters (for easier recovery from stress).
Recommendations for the use of drops
The oral route of administration (in the form of droplets) involves determining the dosage based on how many months or years the pet has turned:
- an adult cat or cat needs to be given from ten to fifteen drops at a time;
- a kitten from birth to six months of age (inclusive) - from five to fifteen drops at a time.
If the indication for the use of Fospasim is severe stress in the pet, then the maximum oral dose (15 drops) should be taken twice a day. A cat with a nervous breakdown of Fospasim should be given drops until its condition is relieved, but not more than 14 days.
The order of taking the drug is directly related to the condition of the animal. The more pronounced the symptoms, the higher the recommended dosage.
As a sedative for pets who have been under stress for a long time, drops should be given 1 time per day with the same intake interval of 24 hours.
The use of Fospashima for cats and cats in which weakness of the central nervous system is congenital:
- once every two days, 10 drops at regular intervals (48 hours) for forty days;
- after which it is necessary to take a break lasting seven days;
- repeating a forty-day course of treatment.
The medicine can be given to the pet throughout life
In order to prevent the occurrence of stress in adult cats, drops should be given 14 days before the expected stress situation once a day. For example, if you plan to get a dog or another cat, a visit from strangers, a holiday accompanied by fireworks. The initial dose of 10 drops should be increased by 1 drop every three days.
During stress, Fospasim is given to cats and cats in the amount of 15 drops at a time. After the stress factor disappears or the pet’s condition becomes stable, the dose should be reduced over 14 days — one less drop of the drug should be given for every third day.
In order to prepare kittens for weaning from their mother or for those babies that were taken before the age of three months, Fospasim is prescribed in a dose of 5 drops for a period of 14 to 21 days.
Fospasim for cats is notable for its safety combined with its effectiveness. There are also no age restrictions for taking the drug.