Veracol is a homeopathic medicine that is used for cats for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. A formula has been developed for an effective but safe preparation by Helvet Group of Companies, which specializes in the production of homeopathy for pets.
Release form and general information
Among the advantages of Veracola, it can be noted that the medicine is produced in three forms:
- Injection. This form of release is more commonly used to treat cats and other pets. The main plus of injections is that the active substances immediately enter the bloodstream and are carried along with the blood throughout the body, quickly get to the place of pathology. Transparent and colorless liquid is Packed in glass bottles. There are containers of various volumes - from 10 to 100 ml, but for cats it is wise to purchase small bottles.
- Drops for internal use. Great for cases where owners are not able or afraid to inject their pets. For packaging, the manufacturer uses polymer bottles. They are equipped with a built-in pipette, so you can measure the right amount of medication without problems.
- Pills. Small white tablets are packaged in plastic jars of 50 pieces. Like drops, they can be an alternative to injections, but in pharmacies they are much less common.
Composition and action
Pharmacological properties are due to homeopathic components that make up its composition:
- White arsenic. This is a potent toxic substance, but in scanty doses it has medicinal properties. Arsenic is able to destroy the pathogenic microflora, and also increases resistance to negative factors and muscle endurance.
- Bitter Gourd. It has a pronounced antispasmodic and analgesic effect. In addition, the plant contains substances (glycosides) that form a film on the surface of the intestine - protection from toxins and irritating factors.
- Thyroid marigold. Normalizes the digestive system, helps to cope with chronic diarrhea. The plant also has a healing effect on ulcers.
- White hellebore. It has an antispasmodic effect, and also relieves nausea, eliminates vomiting, and reduces the production of saliva with excessive amounts of it.
Veracol effectively relieves pain, eliminates diarrhea, vomiting and other symptoms, indicating a malfunction of the digestive system. Helps to restore the intestinal mucosa and destroys pathogenic bacteria. In this case, the components of the drug do not cause irritation. The medication is not addictive, therefore, it can be used for treatment for a long period.
Indications for use
Regardless of the dosage form of Veracol, cats are prescribed according to the instructions in the following cases:
- with gastritis;
- with colic and cramping;
- with gastroenteritis;
- with dyspepsia;
- in case of poisoning.
Some of the components of a homeopathic remedy have a laxative effect, but the drug has been successfully used to treat diarrhea, including chronic. A medicine is also used for nausea and vomiting, pain in the digestive tract, regardless of their origin.
How much and where to buy
The price of Veracola for most cat owners is quite acceptable. It depends on the form of release:
- solution for injections 10 ml - 280-300 rubles .;
- 50 tablets - 140-170 rubles .;
- drops for oral administration - 245-270 rubles.
Injection solution is sold in almost all veterinary pharmacies, but drops or tablets can be more difficult to find, especially in small provincial towns. An alternative could be buying a drug in an online store.
You can see the current price of the drug and buy it right here:
According to the instructions for use, injections of Veracola to cats are allowed to be done intramuscularly or subcutaneously. The second option is often used in cases where owners give injections at home on their own. To make an injection, it is necessary to pull off the skin at the withers, pierce with a syringe and inject the drug. Injections of a homeopathic remedy are not painful, so animals usually tolerate them well. Exceptions may be cases where a cat has a fear of syringes.
The dosage of injections is calculated simply - 0.1 ml per 1 kg of weight. In this case, the minimum dose should be at least 0.5 ml. In some cases, a single dose is increased to 1.5 ml, but for this it is necessary to consult a veterinarian.
Veracol drops are given to cats along with a small amount of food or forcibly. You can drip the solution on the root of the tongue or cheek area. The main thing is that the animal does not spit out the medicine. A single dose is calculated according to the scheme - one drop per 1 kg of mass. Tablets can also be mixed with food or force-fed. Single dose - 1 tablet per animal, regardless of weight. For small kittens, the dose can be reduced to half the pill.
Note! A homeopathic remedy can be used in combination with other medicines - antibiotics, painkillers and drugs for symptomatic treatment.
The duration of treatment and the frequency of use of the drug depends on the disease. The following treatment regimens are usually used:
- With gastritis and gastroenteritis, proceeding in an acute form, the medication is given 2-3 times a day. The duration of treatment is usually 5 days. In some cases, increase to 7 days.
- In chronic gastroenteritis and gastritis, Veracol is taken 1-2 times a day, depending on the severity of the disease and symptoms. Duration of use is from 2 to 4 weeks. To increase the effectiveness of the drug is combined with another homeopathic remedy - Liarsin.
- With intestinal colic and flatulence, the medicine is also combined with Liarsin. Give the drug 2-3 times a day for 5 days.
- If the animal has poisoning, the homeopathic remedy is taken 1-3 times a day until the symptoms of the pathology completely disappear.
- With dyspepsia, the medication is taken up to three times a day until the condition of the animal is stabilized.
Contraindications and side effects
Veracol can be used for cats and cats of any age, regardless of breed. It has no contraindications and can be used for small kittens and old animals, for weak pets with various chronic diseases.
Homeopathic components in the medicine are contained in small quantities, so they do not cause side effects. In rare cases, with intolerance to the substances contained in the medication, an allergic reaction can occur. When a rash, itching or other symptoms appear, the homeopathic remedy is stopped. The animal is given antiallergenic drugs.
Advantages and disadvantages
Compared with "ordinary" drugs, a homeopathic remedy has many advantages:
- has no contraindications;
- does not cause negative reactions in the body when applied;
- acts quickly and effectively (improvements are noticeable after the first day of treatment);
- compatible with other medicines;
- suitable for the smallest pets;
- sold in various dosage forms.
Veracol does not have significant shortcomings. In chronic diseases, it can be used for a long period, and medical procedures, including taking medication, can cause stress in the animal. Often you have to do injections, since drops and tablets are not available in the pharmacy, and this can cause some difficulties for the owners.
Antonina, mistress of a 6-year-old cat:
"After a course of antibiotic therapy, our cat began to have serious problems with stools. He began to vomit 20-30 minutes after eating. They tried to give medicinal food. It didn’t give any results. We went to the veterinarian. He prescribed vitamins and Veracol. He injected the drug subcutaneously. Already on the second day, vomiting and nausea completely disappeared, the appetite returned to the cat. They gave injections for 5 days. A good and safe remedy.
Marina, the owner of the British cat:
“Our cat is a shkodnik, loves to snoop around the trash. And although we try to hide the bucket, one day he ate up and didn’t get poisoned. When Tom refused to eat and stopped rushing around the house like mad, I realized that it was time to start treatment. "Veracol was once used for an old cat, so I remembered it. This time it was combined with Liarzin. In two days the cat recovered, there was no trace of poisoning."
Tamara, a 7-year-old veterinarian:
“I’m not only a veterinarian, but also a volunteer, I often take“ podranets ”home. Such animals, especially small kittens, always have problems with my stomach and intestines. And each time Veracol comes to my aid. This homeopathic medicine quickly acts and can be used even for very small animals. In most cases, a few injections are enough to forget about problems with the gastrointestinal tract. "
Vasily, a veterinarian with 15 years of experience:
“For my long work as a veterinarian, I had to deal with different preparations for animals. Initially, I was distrustful of homeopathy, but I changed my mind over time. Veracol is an effective and affordable tool, an ambulance for adults and small animals with gastrointestinal problems. Throughout I’ve been using this medicine for several years in my practice and have never had any complaints. There is no side effect, but the result is usually visible after 2-3 doses. "